If You Are a Writer... Write!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Inspriation


Pictures, Poetry & Prose is a writing blog you know, you would think the creator of such a site would proof read her own work. Sighhh, this is what I get for doing things at 2 in the morning when I can't sleep. It is such a pretty banner. I do hope I inspried a bit of a chuckle. I go now to hang my head in shame.

Ok, shame done. What spelling or grammar error have you made in life that caused you to blush a bit?


(Oh, by the way, I have fixed the banner over at PP&P, but I make no promise that I won't make at least one mistake daily. Ok, maybe two. And thank you to Jim for the very gentle point at my inspriationally silly goof.)

3 comments:

Simplicity said...

I once submitted a cover letter for a job babbling on and on about my attension to detail...yeah...I don't know how that made it past my printer...or even spellcheck!!

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment on my blog and decided to head on over here, and now that I've seen this post is about spelling/grammar errors, I simply have to respond.

I'm a copy editor on my university's newspaper, and our first issue of the year back in September became a campus joke. We had right on the front page in a teaser, "New students take part in Convocation, recieve their acrons." Ouch.

Acorns are a pretty big symbol at our school, so we caught a lot of crap for having that spelled wrong...not to mention the "i before e" blunder.

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Goodness gracious - I don't even know how many times I've tried to retrieve (is that right?) emails and blog posts because of mis-spellings (is that right?). My biggest problem is figuring out whether (is that right?) to use "affect" or "effect". English is so darn confusing!