If You Are a Writer... Write!

Monday, June 22, 2009

25 Questions - 7

25 questions from an interview found in the back of Vanity Fair while I was getting a pedicure. I invite anyone to answer with me these questions, here as a comment or on your own blog and leave me a link/note.

Question #7 ~

On what occasion do you lie?

Mmmmm... this cake is delicious.
Yes, I like your new purse.
I am (cough, sniffle, cough) sick and can't come in to work today. (I only use this one about once every couple of years.)
Oh, she is the cutest baby.
Yes, I love the pants you got me for my birthday, the flower print is pretty.
Charitable deductions... (no actually never have done this one, I can't lie to the IRS... that would just be too stressful.)


Really, when the truth would just be hurtful and the lie is white. It is a squiggly line sometimes, but I try to be as honest as I can.

1 comment:

H said...

A lie is sometimes used where a baseball bat with a nail in it would also be justified.