If You Are a Writer... Write!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

25 Questions - 3

Question #3 of my 25 from an interview found in the back of Vanity Fair while getting a pedicure.

Question #3 ~

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Wow... deplore... that is kind of potent word. I spent hours thinking on this one. I try to please people too much, often to my own detriment. But, it also means I am someone who cares passionately about others. I take on hobbies and immerse myself for months, and then can let them go. Hubby says he doesn't understand this about me, but I just love trying new things and sometimes they stay with me for a lifetime (writing and painting) and sometimes I get my fill and flutter off to something else, but I don't think this is a trait to deplore. I am not terribly good with change when it will effect my level of personal comfort. I think this is something worth working on when it comes to my job. But I make a decent living that lets me have a comfortable life and so am willing to put up with a few things that I don't like for that comfort. This too isn't something to deplore, but more simply understand about myself.

I am a bit of a snack-a-holic... put a bag of chips in front of me and my hand seems to have its very own mind. I wouldn't mind having this trait a bit more under control. But I do love salty and sweet and bad for me, so I don't entirely deplore this.

Nope... nothing to deplore today.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This was a really hard one. Still enjoying it though. :)

H said...

I put off decisions and actions until it is too late. Simple things turn into big "things" and I ignore them.. I forget to do so much,and it snowballs... I bury bad things and somehow magically hope they dont have to be faced.