If You Are a Writer... Write!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hollywood Tourist


I have lived in California since I was twelve. Funny I have never done the Hollywood touristy thing until this past weekend. We were with some friends who had a friend in from out of town and we all ended up going into LA and walking down Hollywood Blvd. Looked at the stars on the sidewalk. It was Saturday so they were setting up the red carpet for the Oscars. That was fun to see in person.


Stopped at the Chinese Theater and did the stand in the star's footprint thing. Look my feet are exactly the same size as a duck's. :) If you ever come to California let me know, we will do something touristy together.... or the ultimate Hollywood thing... We'll do lunch.


6 comments:

Teri said...

I miss California.
I've been there a few times and I've been trying to move out there since I was done with high school. I was born there, but I grew up in Texas. I don't know what happened, but now I'm married with 2 kids and live on the East Coast. WTF?

Kathryn Lantz said...

Thanks for the comments Laura Jayne! :) Diabetes does get the best of me some days and i just need to rant hehe.

Kat

Jessica said...

Oh how awesome! I have always wanted to visit California and Hollywood imparticular. Hopefully someday I'll make it that way. :)

Michelle said...

That looks like fun!

Fragrant Liar said...

Okay, then, I'm going to hold you to it. I have a lot of sites I want to see. :)

Heather said...

Oh, don't feel to out of it for living there so long without taking that walk. I've lived in VT ALL of my life and have never been skiing...my first trip to Smuggler's Notch (the big ski resort) was last year in my school bus :o). It took me 36 years to take a short trip up the mountain...